ID number009233
Collection typePhotograph
Object typeBlack & white - Film original acetate
Place madeAustralia: New South Wales, Queanbeyan
Date made27-08-1941
DescriptionFrom 1941 HMAS Harman was the first establishment where women served as part of the Royal Australian Navy. They began work as telegraphers, trained in morse code, communicating with other naval stations all over the world, including Whitehall, the control station for all British naval stations.