|Collection type||Digitised Collection|
Harrisson, Tom Harnett
Second World War, 1939-1945
|Copying Provisions||Copy provided for personal non-commercial use, permission from copyright holder must be sought for commercial use|
Wallet 14a - Reports, decoded signals and correspondence between Major Harrison, the Australian 9th Division AIF, the British Borneo Civil Affairs Unit and members of the Semut 1 party
< Previous Record | Next Record >
Records relating to the service of Major Tom H. Harrisson, DSO Reconnaissance Corps, British Army. Harrisson was seconded to Z Special Unit, Services Reconnaissance Department (SRD) and served in Borneo as party leader on Operation Semut 1 during the Second World War. This wallet includes reports, decoded signals and correspondence between Major Harrison (code A1), the Australian 9th Division AIF, the British Borneo Civil Affairs Unit (BBCAU) and members of the Semut I party.
This wallet includes:
-Correspondence regarding supplies, working with the local populations and other activities dating from June 1945 to post surrender. File includes correspondence between Maj. Tom Harrisson (code A1) Lt Alfred Blondeel (B3), Lt Robert Pinkerton (code P1) and Cpl Allen Wheelhouse (code W7)
-Correspondence relating to Maj Tom Harrisson and British Borneo Civil Affairs Unit (BBCAU);
-Correspondence between Maj Tom Harrisson (code A1), F/Lt Paul Bartram and Lt Rod Cusack (code C3).
-Correspondence between Major Tom Harrison (code A1) the Australian 9th Division AIF, British Borneo Civil Affairs Unit (BBCAU), Colonel Godfrey Courtney (Jumbo), Fl/L Paul Bartram, Cpl Allen Wheelhouse (code W7) Lt Robert Pinkerton (code P1), WO Colin McPherson (code M3) and Lt Alfred Blondeel.
-Major Tom Harrisson (code A1), Captain Edmeades (code E3 and E2), WO Bertram Long (code L7), Lt Alfred Blondeel (code B2 and B3), Sgt William Nibbs, WO Colin McPherson (code M1) and code Y6 (possibly Sgt Frank Wigzell). Contents include a report and correspondence in relation to the rescue of survivors of an American liberator aircraft which crashed in Borneo and the murder of one of the Airmen.
- Correspondence regarding prisoners of war and civil administration between Maj Tom Harrisson, Philip R. Corrin, S/Sgt Douglas Bower (code B7) and Sgt Bertram Charles Long (code L7).
- Correspondence between Major Tom Harrisson (code A1), Sergeant Robert Long (code L7) and Captain Eric Edmeades (code E1 and E2) regarding Japanese surrender prisoners of war and transition to civil administration.
- Correspondence Lt Alfred Blondeel, Lt Robert Pinkerton and Cpl Allen Wheelhouse
- Correspondence Capt. Eric Edmeades, Colonel Godfrey Courtney (Jumbo) and BBCAU
- Correspondence F/Lt Paul Bartram and Lt Rod Cusack
- General correspondence Semut 1
- Correspondence Semut operatives; downed US Airmen
- Correspondence Semut operatives; BBCAU and US airmen
- Correspondence Japanese surrender, POWs and transition to civil administration