|Collection type||Private Record|
|Measurement||Extent: 2.5 cm; Wallet/s: 1|
|Object type||Log book, Document, Certificate|
Commonwealth of Australia
|Place made||Australia, United Kingdom|
Second World War, 1939-1945
Item copyright: Copyright expired - public domain
This item is in the Public Domain
|Copying Provisions||Copying permitted subject to physical condition|
Neal, Victor Henry (Flying Officer, b.1922 - d.2008)
Collection relating to the Second World War service of 410008 Flying Officer Victor Henry Neal, No. 460 Squadron (RAAF), United Kingdom and Australia, 1941-1949.
Collection consists of:
- 1 x Flying Logbook blue-covered, heavily stained, spanning the period 20 May 1942 to 12 May 1945.
- 1 x Commonwealth of Australia recruitment form issued by the RAAF No.1 Recruiting Centre in Melbourne, addressed to Flying Officer Neal, dated 17 October 1941;
- 1 x identity card for Flying Officer Neal, dated 23 December 1941;
- 1 x letter from Air Vice-Marshall Wrigley to Flying Officer Neal advising him of the award of his Distinguished Flying Cross (DFC), dated 12 September 1944;
- 1 x letter with envelope from the Department of Air to Flying Officer Neal's mother advising her that he had won a DFC, dated 16 September 1944;
- 1 x undated citation for Flying Officer Neal's DFC;
- 1 x generic letter from Air Commodore (later Air Vice-Marshall) Hewitt, thanking Flying Officer Neal for his service, dated 11 March 1946;
- 1 x undated citation for Flying Officer Neal's DFC on Governor General of Australia's letterhead and watermarked paper;
- 1 x tag allowing provisional authority for Flying Officer Neal to wear certain medals, dated 17 October 1945;
- 1 x Australian ration card with three unused vouchers for clothes, dated 1945/6; and
- 1 x letter on Commonwealth of Australia stationary formally recognising the medals that Flying Officer Neal was entitled to wear.