|Object type||Black & white - Film copy negative|
|Place made||Australia: Victoria, Melbourne|
|Date made||25 September 1914|
The original 2nd Infrantry Brigade passing Parliament House, Melbourne. This brigade was part of the 1st Australian Division which, with the 1st Light Horse Brigade, formed the first contingent of the AIF to be sent overseas. Behind the Governor-General (in dark uniform) and Colonel the Hon J W McCay (with sword) are standing Major General W T Bridges and the staff of the 1st Australian Division.