|Object type||Black & white|
|Physical description||Black & white|
|Place made||Australia: New South Wales, Queanbeyan|
|Date made||30 November 1918|
First World War, 1914-1918
Item copyright: Copyright expired - public domain
This item is in the Public Domain
The funeral of Emma Maria Laura Paula (Ellen) Rohrmann, an internee of the Molonglo Internment ...
The funeral of Emma Maria Laura Paula (Ellen) Rohrmann, an internee of the Molonglo Internment Camp, ACT, who died of heart failure and pneumonia, aged 35 years. She was buried in the Anglican portion of the Queanbeyan Riverside Cemetery, Section 1, Row O, Grave 5. In April 1961 her remains were removed and reinterred in the German War Grave Cemetery in Tatura, Victoria. Ellen Rohrmann and her husband August Rohrmann were originally interned in Singapore, before being transported to Australia. Ellen was allocated the internee number W49. For several years they lived at the family internment camp at Bourke, NSW, before being transferred to the Molonglo camp. After the war August Rohrmann was repatriated to Germany on 29 May 1919 aboard the Kursk.
- GOULBURN, NSW. 1916-01-28?. GROUP PORTRAIT OF THE `MEN FROM SNOWY RIVER' ROUTE MARCH FOR ...
- Postcard entitled "Our Queanbeyan boys, No. 3," bearing individual portraits of the following ...
- MOLONGLO INTERNMENT CAMP, ACT. GROUP PORTRAIT OF SOLDIERS AT THE INTERNMENT CAMP, NEAR ...
- BUNGENDORE, NSW. C.1900. A PARADE OUTSIDE THE FRUIT MARKET AND GREENGROCER IN THE TOWN BY MEMBERS ...
- CANBERRA, ACT. 1941-11-11. NAVAL DETACHMENT FROM HARMAN NAVAL WIRELESS STATION LEAVING REID PARK, ...