|Place||Oceania: Australia, Australian Capital Territory, Fairbairn|
|Object type||Black & white|
|Physical description||Black & white|
|Place made||Australia: Australian Capital Territory, Canberra|
Second World War, 1939-1945
Item copyright: Copyright expired - public domain
This item is in the Public Domain
A hangar at the RAAF Station (later RAAF Base Fairbairn) containing several North American B25 ...
A hangar at the RAAF Station (later RAAF Base Fairbairn) containing several North American B25 Mitchell bomber aircraft belonging to No 18 (NEI) Squadron, a composite RAAF and Netherlands East Indies Squadron. The squadron was based in Canberra and subsequently operated from MacDonald and Batchelor airfields in the Northern Territory. Several Dutch ground crew members of the squadron are gathered in front.