|Object type||Black & white - Print silver gelatin|
|Date made||c 1917|
A group of unidentified air and ground crew members (plus two small dogs) standing around a line of six, twin seat, Airco DH 4 bomber aircraft at an unidentified airfield in France. The aircraft are individually identified by a letter stenciled to the front fuselage and each are armed with a forward firing Vickers machine gun and flexible Lewis gun fitted to a Scarff mount (visible on the first aircraft). This aircraft type was regarded as the best light bomber produced during the First World War and saw service with many countries well into the 1920s.