Book a visit
Bookings are essential for all school groups visiting the Memorial, and all school bookings are made online. Once made, we check the details of your booking and ask for your confirmation by return email.
Changes and cancellations
Cancellations or changes in numbers need to be made in writing no less than 5 working days prior to the scheduled visit. Cancellations or changes in numbers received after this require full payment as the Memorial has paid staff to fulfill your booked program.
Please be aware
- All student bags need to be left on the bus. Handbags, first aid packs and cameras may be taken in to the Memorial.
- Food and drink cannot be taken into the Memorial. Water in a sealed bottle is allowed.
- Allow plenty of time for the visit and if possible build in some self-guided time.
- Please remind students about appropriate behaviour, including speaking quietly, respecting others, and walking in the galleries.
- Ensure a ratio of at least one accompanying adult to 15 students. Students must be must supervised at all times.
- Pencils, rather than pens should be used in the galleries if necessary.
- Teachers have duty of care and responsibility for their group.
- We are currently experiencing increased numbers of enquiries. Our bookings officers will respond to your request as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience
For maps, tips, lunch menus, PACER forms and much more please see our School visits page for helpful resources and information.
Last Post ceremony
As the Commemorative Area at the Memorial has limited capacity, attendance at the Last Post Ceremony cannot be guaranteed, and prior booking is strongly recommended.
Australian War Memorial Bookings Officer
Telephone: (02) 6243 4268 (after 9 am weekdays)
Fax: (02) 6243 4541