The most valuable learning experience for both students and teachers is to participate in one of our facilitated programs. The goal of all our programs is to assist students to remember, interpret and understand the Australian experience of war and its enduring impact on Australian society.
Programs draw on real objects and fascinating stories, using hands-on items and interactive discussion to engage students. All programs are linked to national curriculum profiles for History, English, Visual Arts, Science and Technology.
Cost per head
Max group size
2015-16 Anzac legacy $7.70 1 hr 60 Australians and the First World War $7.70 1 hr 60 Science and war $5.50 45 min 60 Strange but true $5.50 45 min 60 We will remember them $5.50 45 min 60 Go back to the source $7.70 1 hr 60 Australia in the Second World War $7.70 1 hr 60 The Vietnam era $7.70 1 hr 30 "Blak" diggers: an indigenous perspective $7.70 1 hr varies The past in the present $5.50 45 min 60 Cobber's tales Preschool & foundation $3.30 30 min 30 $3.30 30 min 60 Teacher-guided visit Free No limit 60
- Programs can be booked to start at 9 am (10am for groups larger than 60 students).
- Facilitated education programs, including booked timeslots in the Discovery Zone, are not available for Saturday and Sunday school bookings. The Discovery Zone is open to the general public on weekends and entry by school groups is at the discretion of Visitor Services staff and volunteers.
- Programs have a maximum group size. Larger groups will divide into multiple groups in different time slots.
- Accompanying adults are free of charge. Prices include GST.
- Notify the Bookings officer of any changes to your booking at least five days in advance.
- Ensure your students arrive at the Education Space 10 minutes before the program commences.
- For more information see tips for visiting schools.
With the Centenary of Gallipoli this year, we are receiving many bookings enquiries. We appreciate your patience and will respond as soon as possible.
Bookings can be made online. For any other enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.