Suitable for pre-school to foundation school students.
By engaging with stories, and through the use of hands-on items, toys and puppets, children will discover how people and animals helped Australia during wartime and in peacekeeping operations; in the past and in the present day.
Visiting the galleries will link the stories and hands-on items to real collection objects and images, and help children to explore how, and why we remember important events from the past.
- Stories help us to learn about, and remember Australians from the past.
- Animals and people help each other during wartime.
- The Memorial helps us to remember important events on special days: Anzac Day, and Remembrance Day.
- How we commemorate past events that are important to us
- How stories from the past are communicated
- Distinguish between the past, present, and future
- Use a range of communication forms e.g. oral, role play
Price $3.30 per student in 2014 ($3.30 in 2015) Duration 30 mins Maximum number 30 students per hour Group size 15 Available 9 am - 3.30pm