Bookings are essential for all school groups visiting the Memorial.
- PACER information (Parliament and Civics Education Rebate)
- Risk assessment plan (545Kb PDF file)
- 2015-16 Public liability certificate (120Kb PDF file)
- Memorial site map
Before you come
To ensure that your students and other visitors have an enjoyable experience, the Australian War Memorial asks that you:
- Plan at least 2 hours for your visit.
- Talk to your students about appropriate behaviour in a place of remembrance.
- Arrive at least 10 minutes before your booked time.
- Late groups can only be accommodated when possible.
- Late groups may have their facilitated program time cut short.
- Bring your completed PACER paperwork for validation.
- Important Notify the School Bookings Officer in writing no less than five working days prior to your scheduled visit if:
- Your group numbers change, or
- You need to cancel your booking.
- Cancellations or changes in numbers received after this require full payment as the Memorial has paid staff to fulfill your booked program.
- Enter the Memorial via the Schools Education Space.
- Up to 90 students are admitted every 15 minutes to the Schools Education Space for the orientation process. Larger groups may be split up and admitted separately, 15 minutes apart.
- Please be patient if you arrive late. We will accommodate you as soon as possible, but priority must be given to groups that arrive at their appointed time. If you have booked a facilitated program, please be aware that your program may be cut short if you arrive late.
- Remember To protect the Memorial's collection, we do not allow food, drink and backpacks in the galleries. These items should be left on your coach, as limited storage space is available at the Memorial. Water and medication may be carried in the galleries.
You can pre-order hot, home-made breakfast, lunch or dinner for your students through Poppy's café.
- For menus and ordering information call (02) 6262 7380.
Alternatively, students can purchase food onsite and use the picnic area behind the Memorial, on the base of Mount Ainslie, or beside Poppy's cafe.