Big Things in Store
There are no upcoming dates for this event.
Nestled within the industrial suburb of Mitchell is a huge purpose-built shed. Within its walls are to be found some of Australia’s national treasures. The Treloar Technology Centre is the Australian War Memorial’s conservation facility and storage hub. Once a year its doors are opened to the public to reveal a vast array of aircraft, rockets, vehicles, tanks, artillery, and equipment used by – or against – Australians in war for over a century.
With a sausage sizzle, precision drill team, and activities for the kids, Big Things in Store is a great day out for the whole family. Entry is by gold-coin donation, with proceeds going to support the work of the Australian War Memorial.
- Location: Treloar Technology Centre, 8 Callan St, Mitchell ACT (view on Google Maps)
- Parking close to the event is limited.
- All roads around the Treloar Technology Centre will be open as usual and are likely to be busier than they normally are; please take extra care.
- Entry by gold-coin donation
- Closed, flat footwear is recommended. No large bags allowed. Please bring your camera (tripods and monopods permitted after 2.30 pm)
Friends of the Memorial are entitled to express entry at Big Things in Store. In addition, Friends are able to join a behind-the-scenes tour which will focus on areas not accessible to the general public. This includes, photographic labs, paintings and textiles.
Please approach the Friends tent at Big Things in Store, located inside the compound to join the Friends program, and enjoy express entry.