- Every Day
Open to the public on weekdays from 12.30pm to 1.30pm during school term. Open to the public all day on weekends and in school holidays.
In this interactive environment, kids can experience what it would be like to work in a trench, a helicopter, or a submarine. They can build bridges, explore an air raid shelter, and try on uniforms. Families can investigate Australia’s involvement in the Second World War and some of the jobs today’s peacekeepers do. The Discovery Zone is full of things to hear, see and do.
Dodge sniper fire in a First World War trench, take control of an Iroquois helicopter and peer through the periscope of a Cold War submarine.
The Discovery Zone features five environments inspired by Australia’s military history:
- a trench on the Western Front in France from the First World War
- the Australian home front during the Second World War
- an Iroquois helicopter hovering in a field in Vietnam
- an Oberon Class submarine, searching for enemy targets
- a peacekeeping mission in a war-ravaged community
Children can climb, jump, crawl, touch and explore in all areas of the Discovery Zone. It looks, feels and even smells different to the Memorial’s other galleries. Come and experience it for yourself.
There are no upcoming dates for this event.