Assistant Security Manager - APS 6 - Ongoing
The Australian War Memorial combines a shrine, a world-class museum, and an extensive archive. The Memorial's purpose is to commemorate the sacrifice of those Australians who have died in war or on operational service and those who have served our nation in times of conflict. Its mission is leading remembrance and understanding of Australia's wartime experience.
The Assistant Security Manager is responsible for providing senior leadership to the operational security team in delivering security services and functions. The role will also support the Security Manager (who is also the Agency Security Advisor) on a range of Protective Security matters.
The position reports directly to the Security Manager. There will be a requirement to also provide advice to a range of senior managers including the Head of Building Services, the Branch Head of Corporate Services, the Head of Information Technology and Head of Human Resources.
The duties includes leadership and general oversight of day to day security operations ensuring daily, weekly and infrequent objectives are met; assisting in the provision of operational security advice contributing to the development of governance, policies and procedures; and liaison with internal and external stakeholders on a broad range of Operational and Protective Security matters such as event security planning and coordination.
- Assist the Security Manager in providing leadership, management and coordination of Memorial security services including associated administrative duties.
- Operational oversight of the Security Control Room including resource management, rostering and tasking's.
- Developing and maintaining a broad range of stakeholder relationships both internal and external to the Memorial.
- Providing advice to stakeholders at all levels on a range of Protective Security matters.
- Assist in reviewing, updating and developing Memorial security arrangements and policy as required.
- Manage the implementation of approved controls and procedures.
- Assist in the development, review and implementation of Protective Security Awareness and Training programs.
- Undertake the duties of Deputy Chief Warden including support and coordination for incident management, investigation, emergency response and crisis management.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and implement Protective Security arrangements based on guidance from the Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF).
- Manual handling and movement of security related objects, including but not limited to bollards and barricades.
- Abide by and further the principles and practice of Work Health and Safety as outlined in the WHS Act, taking reasonable care for their own health and safety and ensuring that their acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of other persons.
- Current Driver's Licence
- Flexibility in working hours is required.
- This role may be required to undertake First Aid duties (training provided if required).
- Security Clearance - Negative Vetting 2 (Ability to obtain and maintain)
The Memorial is committed to workplace diversity and maintains an environment that values the contribution of people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. The Memorial welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, veterans, mature age people, people from diverse backgrounds and people with a disability. To be eligible for ongoing or non-ongoing employment, Australian Citizenship is required.
How to Apply
Please prepare the following documents before you start your application. There is no ability to save your application and revisit, it must be completed in one session.
- A response addressing the Selection Criteria (maximum 2 pages)
- Current Resume
Applications should be submitted in WORD (.doc or .docx) or .PDF. by 11:59 PM on Thursday, 22 July 2021.
For further information on the position, please call the Contact Officer: Steve Gudgeon, 6263 6691
If you experience any problems with the application system please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6243 4234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.