Head, Digital Experience - Non-Ongoing – EL 2
The Australian War Memorial
The Australian War Memorial combines a shrine, a world-class museum, and an extensive archive. The Memorial's purpose is to commemorate the sacrifice of those Australians who have died in war or on operational service and those who have served our nation in times of conflict. Its mission is leading remembrance and understanding of Australia’s wartime experience.
The Head, Digital Experience is responsible for the leadership and strategic management of the Memorial’s digital presence, including websites, social media, staff intranet, and delivery of interactive digital museum experiences. The role manages both the technical aspects of digital delivery for a world-class museum as well as content development and publishing, leading a team of professionals skilled in each. The Head, Digital Experience will have a strong focus on user experience and project management coupled with timely and strategic advice on digital communication and online engagement to senior management.
- Lead and manage the digital experience team to deliver the Memorial’s Digital Engagement Strategy 2019 -22 and support the organisations corporate priorities.
- Manage and maintain the Memorial’s websites, including content, usability and use experience, as well as supporting IT systems and infrastructure.
- Lead content development for websites (including management of all online publishing) and social media.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to deliver positive digital communication outcomes
- Develop and implement policies and initiatives that will shape the direction of offsite public engagement including rich media content development
- Provide Advice on emerging digital technologies to the Memorial’s Public Engagement Strategy Group.
- Provide strong leadership on the Digital Experience section, including developing staff capabilities, project management and work planning to deliver against the Digital Engagement Strategy
- An Understanding of the Memorial’s purpose and corporate priorities and how these can be supported through digital engagement activities.
- Sound knowledge of the cultural sector and a record of achievement in successfully delivering digital and content strategies and operations including demonstrated budget and project management.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high level strategic and policy advice in relation to the work of the Section, particularly in relation to capability building across the Memorial’s digital environments.
- High level interpersonal and communication skills including representation, negotiation, writing, change management, conflict resolution.
- Proven ability to initiate, establish and maintain strategic relationships with key internal and external stakeholder and industry representatives
- Outstanding leadership skills, including experience leading multi-disciplinary teams and influencing senior colleagues to achieve positive digital outcomes.
The Memorial is committed to workplace diversity and maintains an environment that values the contribution of people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. The Memorial welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, veterans, mature age people, people from diverse backgrounds and people with a disability. To be eligible for ongoing or non-ongoing employment, Australian Citizenship is required.
For further information on the position, please call the Contact Officer: Anne Bennie, 6243 4285
Please prepare the following documents before you start your application:
- A response addressing the Selection Criteria (maximum 2 pages)
- Current Resume
There is no ability to save your application and revisit, it must be completed in one session.
Applications should be submitted in WORD (.doc or .docx) or .PDF by Midnight (AEST) on 20 April 2021.
If you experience any problems with the application system please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6243 4234 or email email@example.com
This position is a backfill for an employee on Parental leave and as such is subject to possible extension or curtailment (subject to the Fair Work Act 2009, Section 84A and related subsections 77A(4) to (6), section 84 and section 78).