IT Service Desk and Admin Support Officer – Full Time Ongoing- APS 3
The Australian War Memorial combines a shrine, a world-class museum, and an extensive archive. The Memorial's purpose is to commemorate the sacrifice of those Australians who have died in war. Its mission is to assist Australians to remember, interpret and understand the Australian experience of war and its enduring impact on Australian society.
The IT Service Desk and Admin Support Officer is a part of the IT Business Management Team and provides administrative support to the IT Section for: purchasing; stock control; entering statistics and producing reports; liaison with vendors and suppliers; mail and freight services, and retrieval and rehousing of paper files.
The role also provides IT Level 1 Service Desk support and technical support of network and desktop operating systems, application delivery, and communications within the Memorial’s IT network environment. The role is responsible for maintenance of nominated systems including documentation and formulation of associated administrative and system recovery processes.
- Provide administration support to the IT Section including; IT equipment and asset management, mailroom and freight management, general finance and invoicing, and paper file records management.
- Undertaking manual handling and movement of a range of items including but not limited to: mail items; computer equipment; and files.
- Accountable to provide IT support to the IT Service Desk, actioning service desk issues by providing sound advice, recommendations and resolution.
- Review, clarify and resolve assigned service desk issues including; creation and support of ‘users’, email and telephone accounts and system access; assist in the deployment of Memorial Standard Operating Environment (SOE) including the rebuilding of workstations and laptops.
- Support IT functions including: the back-up and retrieval of tapes, participation in the stocktake of IT equipment and assets, maintenance of software licences and contracts and preparation of general IT analytics and documentation.
- Liaising with internal teams to ensure incidents and service requests are actioned and finalised within appropriate timeframes.
- Creating and maintaining knowledge base articles, instructional documentation, templates and procedural documentation.
Workers are to abide by the principles and practices of Work Health and Safety as outlined in the WHS Act, taking reasonable care for their own health and safety and ensuring that their acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of other persons.
- Must hold a full and current Australian driver’s licence.
- The successful applicant must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Baseline Security Clearance.
- This is a full time position with mandatory working hours of 8.30am to 5.00pm.
- A forklift licence is highly desirable.
1. Demonstrated ability to apply a practical knowledge and understanding of corporate IT network environments including Windows Active Directory, Server and Desktop Operating systems, Microsoft Exchange email, networking protocols and addressing structures, communications and network security.
2. Sound diagnostic, analytical skills and troubleshooting skills, and proven ability to apply them to complex incident resolution and follow through to completion
3. Proven customer service and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders.
4. Demonstrated organisation and prioritisation skills, with attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure.
5. An active interest or demonstrated ability in Information Technology, either through experience or education.
6. Punctual, reliable with a proven ability to work well with others, and an appreciation for a unified team culture.
7. Writing skills, with a proven ability to develop and maintain instructional and procedural documentation.
The Memorial is committed to workplace diversity and maintains an environment that values the contribution of people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. The Memorial welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, veterans, mature age people, people from diverse backgrounds and people with a disability. To be eligible for ongoing or non-ongoing employment, Australian Citizenship is required.
For further information on the position, please call the Contact Officer: Zac Than, 6243 4512.
Please prepare the following documents before you start your application:
- A response addressing the Selection Criteria (maximum 2 pages)
- Current Resume
There is no ability to save your application and revisit, it must be completed in one session.
Applications should be submitted in WORD (.doc or .docx) or .PDF by Midnight (AEST) on 3 March 2021.
If you experience any problems with the application system please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6243 4234 or email email@example.com