Project Support Officer – Full Time Non-Ongoing- APS 5
The Australian War Memorial combines a shrine, a world-class museum, and an extensive archive. The Memorial's purpose is to commemorate the sacrifice of those Australians who have died in war or on operational service and those who have served our nation in times of conflict. Its mission is leading remembrance and understanding of Australia’s wartime experience.
The Project Support Officer(s) will provide project support for the Development Project across a range of project activities including procurement, governance and reporting, management of sub-projects, compliance with legislation such as WHS and integration into the Memorial’s operations.
The Project Support Officer(s) will support the project management group in delivering procurement and contract management across the program where attention to detail is of critical importance. This includes major tender document preparation, tender assessment support and reporting, and general contract administration for major project consultants and for major works head contractors.
The Project Support Officer(s) will be responsible for providing secretariat duties and high level administrative support for a series of Development and Memorial committees. The ability to coordinate and contribute regular project reports including status updates and exception reports will be required.
The Project Support Officer(s) will be responsible for supporting activities relating to construction and integration into the Memorial’s operations including schedule maintenance, stakeholder coordination, risks and issues tracking, financial administration and resource management.
The Project Support Officer(s) will be required to provide high level support across Project governance, compliance and reporting matters.
The Project Support Officer(s) will be an integral element of effective management and delivery of discrete sub-projects within the Development Project. This includes working closely with Senior Project Managers within the team to identify and manage project risks, scheduling, resource planning and allocation, and develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders for each sub-project. The role is part of the Development Project’s ‘Integrated Management Team’ reporting to either the Construction Manager or the Project Logistics & Integration Manager, and working to the Executive Program Director, Deputy Project Director, Principal Project Manager and other senior staff as required and relevant to priorities.
- Provide project management support to senior staff to ensure team delivery of overall project outcomes safely, on-time and on budget through the use of appropriate project management tools (MS Project, finance and administration systems) and skills to meet defined project milestones and objectives.
- Preparing major procurement and general contract documentation for consultants and major works head contractors.
- Contract, compliance and quality assurance activities including records management, performance analysis and reporting. Provision of support for audit, internal and external.
- Provide a secretariat or committee support role including organisation of meetings including travel or hospitality where required as well as the preparation of agendas, papers, taking of minutes and coordination and support of follow up actions in relation to high level meetings or working groups.
- Administration support and co-ordination including records management.
- Draft correspondence, reports, council or Government documents and submissions relating to the project.
- Work closely to support Senior Project Managers to ensure the effective management and delivery of sub-projects including identifying and managing project risks, issues and actions and analysing and reporting on sub-project performance.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key consultants, contractors, suppliers and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Abide by and further the principles and practices of Work Health and Safety as outlined in the WHS Act, taking reasonable care for their own health and safety and ensuring that their acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of other persons.
- Work collaboratively as part of the Integrated Management Team.
1. Experience working in a team responsible for managing and delivering multiple complex projects with expertise in providing project and administrative support.
2. Demonstrated experience in supporting senior staff in government procurement systems including preparation and management of tenders; contract documentation and administration; and management of critical project registers.
3. Proven ability in secretariat for project committees, preparation and distribution of project committee documentation.
4. Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills appropriate to liaising with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, and demonstrated ability to build and sustain positive working relationships within a larger team.
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to draft less complex correspondence with a high-level proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite products.
6. Willingness to adjust to a changing work environment and undertake a number of varied and different tasks as they arise with the ability to work with limited guidance demonstrating initiative and responsibility.
Non-Ongoing position until the 29 March 2024.
For further information on the position, please call the Contact Officer: Lawrence Fraser, 6243 4591
Please prepare the following documents before you start your application:
- A response addressing the Selection Criteria (maximum 2 pages)
- Current Resume
There is no ability to save your application and revisit, it must be completed in one session.
Applications should be submitted in WORD (.doc or .docx) or .PDF by Midnight (AEST) on 7 March 2021.
If you experience any problems with the application system please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6243 4234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org