AFL sporting hero visits Memorial
Published: Tue 4 Jun 2013
Australia’s Football Hall of Fame AFL Legend, Ron Barassi AM, is taking time out of his busy schedule to visit the Memorial to meet the Director, Dr Brendan Nelson, and to place a poppy against his father’s name on the Roll of Honour.
Ron Barassi will visit the Memorial to honour his father, Corporal Rob Barassi Sr., who was the first Victorian Football League footballer killed in action at Tobruk on 31 July 1941.
Acknowledged as one of the most significant figures in Australian football, Barassi was one of the first players to be inaugurated as a Legend into the Australian Football Hall of Fame in 1996.
- Ron Barassi AM, former AFL player and coach
- Dr Brendan Nelson, Director of the Australian War Memorial
- 10.00 am, Wednesday 5 June 2013
- Commemorative Area, Australian War Memorial
- Please enter via rear security
Moj Nozhat (02) 6243 4575 0409 600 038 email@example.com
Marylou Pooley (02) 6243 4383 0412 646 298