Media opportunity with CPL Ben Roberts-Smith VC MG and Memorial Director ahead of ANZAC Day
Published: Tue 23 Apr 2013
Corporal Ben Roberts-Smith VC MG and Dr Brendan Nelson, Director of the Australian War Memorial, will be available to speak to media on Wednesday 24 April, ahead of ANZAC Day.
Later on Wednesday 24 April, at the Memorial’s new Last Post ceremony, Corporal Roberts-Smith will read an account of the life of Major William Craies, who died 95 years ago at the second battle of Villers-Bretonneux in France, 25 April 1918.
Then, on ANZAC Day, as part of the commemorations at the Memorial, from 5 am Corporal Roberts-Smith will read accounts of Australians in Afghanistan as part of the prelude to the Memorial’s Dawn Service.
At the National Ceremony, Corporal Roberts-Smith will join the ANZAC Day veterans’ march accompanied by the children of Sergeant Matthew Locke MG and Sergeant Blaine Diddams, who lost their lives in Afghanistan.
- Dr Brendan Nelson, Director of the Australian War Memorial
- Corporal Ben Roberts-Smith VC MG
When/where: Wednesday 24 April 2013
- 10:00 am Dr Nelson and Corporal Ben Roberts-Smith VC MG available for interview ahead of ANZAC Day
Front of the Australian War Memorial. Parking available on ANZAC Hall apron
- 4.50 pm Corporal Roberts-Smith VC MG reads an account of the life of Major William Craies at the Memorial’s new Last Post ceremony (no interviews)
Please arrive at 4.30pm at the Australian War Memorial, Commemorative Area. Please enter through front entrance. Parking available on ANZAC Hall apron
More details about ANZAC Day and Corporal Roberts-Smith VC MG involvement below:
- An honour for Corporal Ben Roberts-Smith VC MG
- Memorial Director encourages all Australians to support veterans of current and recent conflicts this ANZAC Day
Tom Vasey (02) 6243 4575 0409 600 038 firstname.lastname@example.org
Marylou Pooley (02) 6243 4383 0412 646 298