Media preview – An Australian artist’s Holocaust works on display at Memorial
Published: Fri 15 Mar 2013
Today, 18 works by the only Australian official war artist to directly capture horrific scenes of the Holocaust in Germany went on display at the Australian War Memorial. Aged 98, Alan Moore is one of only two living official war artists from the Second World War.
This small exhibition, in the Memorial’s Second World War gallery, brings together 18 paintings and drawings, including two Holocaust scenes painted in-situ as Moore witnessed the liberation of the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp in Germany.
The works will be on display at the Memorial until March 2014
- Dr Brendan Nelson, Director, Australian War Memorial
- Emma Kindred, Assistant Curator of Art, Australian War Memorial
- Display of works by official war artist Alan Moore
- Friday 15 February, 10:30 am
- Second World War galleries Australian War Memorial, Treloar Crescent, Campbell
Please enter via rear security.
Parking map available here: /media/447/
Tom Vasey (02) 6243 4575 | 0409 600 038 | firstname.lastname@example.org