Researching Australian military service: East Timor, 1999-2003
- "The force behind the force". 10 Force Support Battalion in East Timor, 20 September - 20 February 2000 (Australia: 10 Force Support Battalion, 2000) Nominal Roll, pp. 93–98
- Kevin J. Vann, Bridging the gap: the 3rd Combat Engineer Regiment in Timor. (Loftus, NSW: Australian Military History Publications, 2001) Appendix 3: List by sub-unit
- David Wilson, Warden to Tanager : RAAF operations in East Timor (Maryborough, Qld: Banner Books, 2003) Appendices 5-12: List by wing or squadron
These files are still held by the Department of Defence.
The Roll of Honour records the names of service men and women who died during or as a result of service with Australian military forces. The Roll of Honour introduction provides detailed information about Roll of Honour eligibility.
A limited number of unit profiles are available on the Memorial's website. The profiles include a short history of the unit, details of its casualties, decorations, battle honours and commanding officers.
As it is less than 30 years since official records for this conflict were created, files are not yet available for public access (for more information see the Archives Act 1983).
Refer to our information sheets:
- Collections Search gives access to digitised images of photographs held by the Memorial.
- Trove gives access to images of photographs and other pictures held by a range of major Australian libraries, archives and other cultural institutions.
- State libraries and archives. For contact details see our Addresses information sheet.