AWM shop system maintenance is scheduled for Thursday, 23 February 2017, from 7:30 a.m AEDT.
During this time you may experience some disturbances.
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your support.
Wartime Magazine Issue 11
- Bradbury Aircraft Hall – Air power in the Pacific 1941–53. A bold new exhibition opens at the Memorial.
- HMAS Sydney and Sea Fury operations in the Korean War by Benjamin Evans. A Hawker Sea Fury in the Memorial’s new Bradbury Aircraft Hall recalls another side of Australia’s participation in the Korean War.
- Leslie Knox - Australian pilot at Coral Sea by David Crotty. Far from home, Leslie Knox helped defend the land of his birth.
- One Wirraway’s war by David Crotty. The new exhibition features an aircraft which did what no others of its type achieved.
- The RAAF’s 80% loss raid – Kema, 12 January 1942 by Murray Moore. Hudson bombers were no match for the Japanese Zeros.
- Bomber crash by Kelly Squires. Near tragedy proves inspirational for a Second World War artist.
- Colour patches of the Australian Army by David Chinn. Valued more than any other decoration.
- “The slopes first rushed”: North Beach, Gallipoli, 25 April 1915 by Richard Reid. The new ANZAC Commemorative Site is on a spot filled with history.
- “Such is glory ...”- the 7th Battalion at Lone Pine by Ross McMullin. Four VCs in one battle – but at a terrible cost.
- Bomba Tepe, 29 August,1915 by Brad Manera. In the last great Australian offensive on Gallipoli, the 10th Light Horse made a desperate push for the summit.
- A calligrapher’s Gallipoli. Vanessa Crisp’s Gallipoli poster.
- Three months on Bougainville.
- Training for Operation Bel Isi, Bougainville by Bob Breen. Building cultural bridges.
- Experiences of a monitor on Bougainville, 1998 by Lloyd Broderick. Walking the hills for peace.
- Experiences of a monitor on Bougainville, 2000 by Lance Corporal Poppy Wenham. An end to past conflict, rebuilding for the future.
- Obituary - Vivian Bullwinkel by Madeleine Chaleyer. A tribute to Australia’s best-known nurse.
- Fully illustrated, 72 pages.