A War at Home
A comprehensive guide to the first Japanese attacks on Darwin. Tom Lewis presents A War at Home to fill the gaps of the war in Northern Australia during the Second World War, and to provide this information in a simple and straightforward manner. This third edition features:
- The background to that initial battle;
- Accounts of the fight in the air; at sea and on the land;
- An explanation of the consequences and the aftermath to those first raids;
- Further developments as the war continued in the north;
- A guide to today’s Sites of Significance;
- A casualty Roll;
- A list of Army Units present in the Northern Territory throughout the war;
- A list of the air units deployed from 1941-45 and a list of the 64 air raids;
- A complete index, and
- An extensive list of photographs and maps.
Soft cover, third edition, photographs, 76 pages.