Parent subjectBritish aircraft (WW1 period)
Description Built by the firm A. V. Roe, the 504 was a two-seater multi-purpose biplane, first produced in 1913. Stable and easy to fly, the 504 was used by the Royal Flying Corps during the period 1914-15 in reconnaissance and light bombing roles. Its average performance meant that by 1915 it was obsolete as a front-line combat aircraft, but it was used subsequently as a very successful training aircraft.
Specifications
  • Type: Biplane elementary trainer
  • Entered service: 1913
  • Crew: 2
  • Wing span: 10.97 m
  • Length: 8.96 m
  • Weight (laden): 843 kg
  • Ceiling: 3,962 m (J Model)
  • 5,791 m (K Model)
  • Endurance: 3 hrs
  • Speed: 164.1 km/h (J Model)
  • 168.9 km/h (K Model)
  • Armament: Nil

Avro 504