10am – 5pm daily (including Shop)
Closed Christmas Day
(Please note: we start closing our galleries from 4:40pm for the Last Post Ceremony).
Admission is free. Gold coin donations are appreciated.
Treloar Crescent (top of Anzac Parade)
Campbell ACT 2612
- Parking in all Memorial car parks is limited to 4 hours between 7.30 am to 6.00 pm Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays. Temporary parking passes can be issued from the Front Desk for those visitors wishing to remain at the Memorial for a period greater than 4 hours.
- Access to the underground car park is from Fairbairn Avenue. This car park is open from 9.45 am to 5.30 pm on weekdays and 7.30 am to 6 pm on weekends.
- Above ground parking is available off Treloar Crescent.
- Disabled parking is available in the underground and above ground car parks. See our Plan your visit page for more information about accessibility.
- Coach parking is available on Treloar Crescent and behind Anzac Hall.
- Bicycle racks are available near the Administration and C.E.W. Bean buildings.
A drop off up point is available near the Main entrance.
Regular bus services run between the City centre and the Memorial on the following routes:
See the Transport Canberra website for updates and more information.
The information desk is located at our main entrance in the Orientation Gallery. Staff can assist with general enquiries and provide maps, brochures, and tour information. Wheelchairs and strollers are also available for free loan.
Free cloaking facilities are available in the Orientation Gallery.
Open 10 am – 4.50 pm weekdays and 1 pm – 4.50 pm Saturdays.
Closed Sundays and ACT public holidays.
Poppy's café is open 8.30 am – 4.30 pm each day.
The Landing Place (located in Anzac Hall) is open 10:30 am – 4.30 pm each day.
The Discovery Zone is an educational space for visiting school groups. It is open to the public between 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm on weekdays and all day during weekends, public holidays and ACT school holidays.
Conditions of entry
- For safety reasons, visitors are required to present bags (including small handbags and camera cases) for inspection, and to cloak large items (in our Orientation Gallery).
- Photography and handheld video cameras are permitted.
- Drones and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) are strictly not permitted within Memorial grounds.
Many of our Trip Advisor reviews recommend spending at least a half day on your visit to the Memorial.
See our Plan your visit page to see more information on maps, tours and events.
When you visit Canberra prepare to experience one good thing after another. Because whether it’s world-class wining and dining, iconic national treasures or breathtaking outdoor adventures, everything you’re after is just moments away. Add to this an exciting calendar of events and festivals, an array of shopping hotspots, award-winning accommodation and stacks of activities for the kids, and you’ve got yourself the perfect short-break destination. For more information go to the VisitCanberra website.