Visitor information: access
All on-site parking is free (see map).
Parking in all Memorial car parks will be limited to 4 hours between 7:30am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday excluding public holidays, from 1 July 2014. More information about the parking changes.
Disabled parking facilities are available close to the Memorials main entrance in the underground car park and also in the car park adjacent to the Memorial Administration building.
The underground car park is open for visitors:
Weekdays: 9:45am to 5:30pm
Weekends: 7:30am to 6:00pm
- The Memorial's main entrance is at the front of the Main building.
- Coach parking is available on Treloar Crescent and behind Anzac Hall.
- Wheelchairs and strollers are available for loan and free of charge from the Information desk inside the Memorial’s main entrance.
- Please see the maps for the locations of parking, toilets, lifts and other facilities.
- There are disabled parking bays available in the underground car park and also in the car park adjacent to the Memorial Administration building (see map).
- Access from the underground car park to the Memorials main entrance is via a gradient ramp with handrails.
- The lift for disabled visitors is adjacent to the main entrance at the front of the Memorial. The main stairs have handrails on both sides.
- Please see the maps for the locations of disabled toilets, lifts and other facilities.
- Stairs and three lifts connect each of the levels of the main building and the two levels of Anzac Hall.
- Lift controls can be reached from a wheelchair. Each lift is fitted with an emergency button and an emergency telephone.
- Except for the ramps (1:20) to access the BAE Systems Theatre, the Colonial Gallery, and the Education Centre , all the floors in the Memorial are flat and level
The lighting levels vary throughout the Memorial. Some exhibits have low level lighting to protect the objects on display. Other parts of the Memorial, such as the sound and light shows in Anzac Hall and the Conflicts 1945 to Today galleries, contain bright, flashing lights.
- A parenting room is available for parents with small children and is located on the lower level of the Memorial building. Facilities include private and comfortable seating and changing and washing facilities.
- The disabled toilets located in Anzac Hall also have baby changing facilties.
- Please see the maps for locations of these and other facilities (see map).
If the Memorial has to be evacuated, public address system announcements will be made and audible alarms will sound. Memorial staff will help visitors to leave the building.