Terms 1 and 2 2021
Terms and Conditions
- The 45 minute facilitated Wartime stories program ($5.50 per student) is available for Primary school students. No other Education programs or teacher-guided time is available, including the Discovery Zone. The Wartime stories program includes exploration of the Memorial’s collection along with personal stories of service and sacrifice. At this stage, due to social distancing and contact tracing requirements the program will be delivered in one gallery space (Aircraft Hall). Access to the Commemorative Area may be limited.
- Arrival times are available Monday to Friday on the hour from 9 am to 3 pm with a maximum group size of 90 students per arrival time. Arrival times on Saturdays and Sundays are at 12 noon, 1 pm and 2 pm only ($9.90 per student).
- For Terms 1 and 2 2021, a 45 minute facilitated program (We will remember them), is available for Secondary School students ($5.50 per student). No other Education programs or teacher-guided time is available. The program will take place within the Memorial’s galleries with a focus on commemoration and stories of Australians in the First and Second World Wars
- Arrival times are available Monday to Friday at 11 am and 1 pm only with a maximum group size of 90 students per arrival time
- At this stage no weekend programs are available for Secondary School students.
Please note for Terms 1 and 2 2021
- A short modified School Wreath Laying Ceremony (which will be held in the Sculpture Garden of the Memorial) is available to book via our online bookings system as part of the Education Program and School Wreath Laying Ceremony Package
- Attendance at the Last Post Ceremony is automatically included for 3 pm bookings, subject to availability, but will be limited to two participants only, who will lay a wreath on behalf of their school.
Terms and conditions
To ensure the safety for all visitors, all tour operators and schools are required to provide a copy of their COVID-19 safe plan for excursions to the Memorial prior to visiting.
Creating a booking
- Only one booking is permitted per group of students per excursion. Duplicate bookings made for the same group of students are subject to cancellation. Please indicate in the appropriate sections of your booking if multiple different groups from the same school are arriving on different days/times. In the case of multiple groups, one booking must be made for each separate group of students
- All availability is displayed in the online system
- No further availability will be provided via email
- Booking additions or modifications cannot be requested in the comments (see below)
- Activities and their times are fixed for each type of visit
Modifying a booking
- To modify the time, date or type of visit please create a new booking online and cancel the previous bookings via email within 24 hours
- The time, date and type of your visit cannot be modified via email
- Any changes in student numbers need to be communicated via email as soon as possible
- Increases in student numbers are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed
- Cancellations or changes in student numbers need to be made via email at least five business days prior to the visit date. Failure to do so will result in charges for all programs
Planning your visit
- Orientation will occur when your group arrives at the Memorial. This time cannot be modified
- Please ensure you check your itinerary that is sent with your booking confirmation
- Ensure your students arrive at the Schools’ Entrance at or shortly before your booked orientation time
- Groups arriving at times other than your booked arrival time cannot be guaranteed entry or facilitation of booked activities
- Accompanying adults are free of charge. Students must be supervised at all times
- For the safety of all visitors, veterans, and staff, entry may not be granted for unwell students and teachers.