Navy at war
- The Day it all Went Wrong by Peter Hart.
The naval assaults before the Gallipoli landings.
- Like a Seagull Without Wings by Jane Peek.
A sailor's lucky escape at the battle of Jutland.
- The Sinking of U-111 by Richard Pelvin.
The astonishing exploits of a trawler in the Atlantic.
- Sailors Behind the Wire by Greg Swinden.
Men of the RAN were also prisoners in Europe and Africa, 1939-1945.
- Monsoon off Moruya by Garth O'Connell.
A German submarine was responsible for the last Allied ships sunk in Australian waters during the Second World War.
- Clearance Divers in Vietnam by Tony Ey.
Small teams undertook skilled and dangerous work.
- Raider in Australian Waters by Shane Casey.
A Confederate warship made waves in Melbourne.
- "So Long, So Long" by Chris Goddard.
The bandmaster played a medley of songs as the ship went down.
- The Strange Case of the Emden Bell by Dianne Rutherford.
To be lost a second time seemed like carelessness.
- The Metal Behind the Medal by Emma Campbell.
Is the Victoria Cross really made from Russian cannons?
- Timber Felling in Scotland by Cherie Prosser.
An Australian artist painted the work of the AFU.
- Dulag Luft by Peter Monteath.
"We have ways of making you talk" had little success with Aussie airmen.
- Appointment over Russeignies by Peter Klein.
Old photos prompt a search for a young Aussie pilot.
- Plus regular features, including book reviews, letters, and Memorial news.