You are welcome to attend the National ANZAC Day Ceremony at the Australian War Memorial.
The National ANZAC Day Ceremony and wreath laying includes a march by Australian veterans of wars and peacekeeping deployments.
- National Ceremony order of service 2013
- 2013 National ANZAC Day Ceremony commemorative address, given by Dr Brendan Nelson.
- Video of the 2013 National ANZAC Day Ceremony commemorative address, given by Dr Brendan Nelson.
10.15 am – 12 noon approximately
We suggest you arrive by 9.45 am. Guests with entrée cards are required to be seated by 10 am.
Standing room for the public will be provided on the day. Members of the public are welcome to bring chairs or rugs. The Memorial will open 15 minutes after the completion of the National Ceremony, and will remain open until 5 pm. The public may view the Tri-Service Guard mounted at the Tomb of the Unknown Australian Soldier.
Parade Ground, Australian War Memorial
The ticketed seating is now fully booked. There will be a small number of non-allocated seats available on the day.
Parking and transportation
Road closures will be in effect from 4:00 am, which will limit public access to parking at the Memorial. The large number of visitors in attendance at the ceremony will also limit the amount of available parking on site.
- Traffic from Limestone Avenue diverts onto Treloar Crescent
- Traffic from Fairbairn Avenue diverts onto Treloar Crescent
- ANZAC Parade closed from Constitution Avenue including the Blamey Crescent and Currong Street intersection
There will be a shuttle service from Russell Offices (Sir Thomas Blamey Square) to the Australian War Memorial running from 8:30am until 10:00am, and return shuttles to Russell Offices commencing at approximately 12:15pm to 1:15 pm following the ceremony. All visitors are encouraged to use this service and park at the Russell Offices.
Visitors using the ACTION shuttle service or other public transport should note that where you get off the bus is where you get back on to return to your destination.
Mobility impaired parking: Limited mobility impaired parking is available on site – please see this map for details.
Opening hours for the Memorials cafes:
The Terrace at the Memorial: 6am - 4.30pm
The Landing Place: 12noon - 4.30pm
All enquiries regarding the Veterans’ march should be directed to the RSL ACT (02) 6260 6344. The Returned and Services League Australian Capital Territory Branch website also has information about the march.
Order of march available on the ACT RSL website.
- Members of the general public are welcome to bring their own seats or rugs
- First aid tent and ambulances plus trained First Aid staff will be in attendance
- National Ceremony Orders of Service are available free of charge upon arrival
- Poppy sellers will be roaming the site distributing poppies for a donation
- Water points are located near the front steps of the Memorial and at the Terrace
- Public toilets at the Terrace Cafe will be open, and there will also be portable toilets onsite
- The Memorial will open after the ceremony at approximately 12.15 pm
- The Terrace café will be open from 6 am.
Dress and weather
Please ensure you dress for the weather. If you wish to wear family medals ensure you wear them on your right hand side of your chest. The ceremony will go ahead in the event of rain and inclement weather.
Photographs from recent National Ceremonies