The Baltimore was a light bomber built to British specifications by the American aircraft company, Martin. It was intended as a replacement for the Martin Maryland and served primarily in support of ground operations throughout the Mediterranean theatre from January 1942; it served in no other theatre. A total of 1,575 Baltimores were produced between June 1941 and May 1944. They were also employed on maritime patrol and reconnaissance tasks.
Martin Baltimore Mk. III
|Wing span:||18.69 m|
|Weight (unladen):||6,895 kg|
|Endurance:||Maximum range 1,529 km|
|Armament:||Up to 10 x .303-in machine-guns|
907 kg of bombs
Search for related collection items