10am – 5pm daily
Closed Christmas Day
The First World War galleries are undergoing a major redevelopment and are currently closed, click here to find out more.
Admission to the Memorial is free
10 am – 5 pm daily
Closed Christmas Day
You can also shop online
The Terrace at the Memorial
8.30 am – 4.30 pm daily
The Landing Place (located in ANZAC Hall)
10 am – 4.30 pm daily
Free 90 minute highlight tours of the galleries are conducted daily by the Memorial's voluntary guides.
For further details see the tours section.
First World War galleries
The Australian War Memorial is redeveloping its First World War galleries in the lead up to the Centenary of the First World War in 2015. The Memorial’s other galleries will remain open throughout the redevelopment. To keep up to date on the gallery redevelopment please follow us on Facebook and Twitter or subscribe to the Memorial’s official newsletter, e-Memorial.
The Discovery Zone
The Discovery Zone is an educational space for visiting school groups. The public is invited to enjoy this space from 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm on weekdays and all day during weekends, public holidays and ACT school holidays. For further details see the Discovery Zone page.
Information desk & cloaking
The information desk is located in the Orientation Gallery, at the main entrance. The staff here can assist with general enquiries and provide maps, brochures, and tour information.
Free cloaking facilities are available in the Orientation Gallery.
- Underground car park conveniently located near the main entrance. This car park also provides disabled car parking facilities. Entry is from Fairbairn Avenue.
- Above ground parking available on Treloar Crescent. Walk to the main entrance via the Sculpture Garden.
- Bicycle racks are available adjacent to the Memorial Administration building and adjacent to the entrance of the C.E.W Bean building.
Regular bus services run between the City centre and the Memorial on route 10 on week days and 930/931 on weekends.
ACTION Buses website has the latest news and timetables for public transport in the Australian Capital Territory.
Free Centenary Loop bus service connects the city to the major attractions in Canberra: every 30 minutes from 9 am during 2013. Timetable
- Accommodation packages
- Special Spring accommodation packages
- Friends of the Memorial discount accommodation
- Australian Capital Tourism website
Maps of the Memorial grounds