Filters (2 applied)Clear All
has image (1)
has sound (1)
has video (1)
related subjects (7)
related places (8)
- Africa: Egypt (1)
- Europe: Belgium, Flanders, West-Vlaanderen, Ypres (1)
- Europe: France, Haute-Normandie, Seine Maritime, Rouen (1)
- Europe: France, Nord Pas de Calais, Pas de Calais (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Albert Bapaume Area, Pozieres Area, Pozieres (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Bapaume Cambrai Area, Bullecourt (1)
- Europe: Western Front (1)
Charles C. Fisher relates his experiences as a private with 5th Battalion AIF during the First World War
Maker: Fisher, Charles C Unknown Department of Veterans' Affairs, Victorian State Office Fisher, Charles CCharles Fisher discusses: early life; prewar employment; enlistment March 1916; training in Egypt; complete training at Etaples; wounded at Pozieres; battle at St Martin's Wood; reaction to Armistice;...
Percy Atkinson Bird (5666) as a sergeant 5th Infantry Battalion AIF, Egypt and France 1915-1917, interviewed by Dr Alistair Thomson
Maker: Bird, Percy Atkinson Thomson, AlistairPre-war life in and around Williamstown, Victoria being a member of the Boys Naval Brigade; enlistment in April 1916, and how his father passed away after he sailed for Egypt; Etaples Camp, France; jo...
Maker: McKenzie, Clive Unknown Department of Veterans' Affairs, Victorian State OfficeDiscusses: early life; enlistment March 1916; family's reaction to enlistment; impressions of France; extreme cold; lack of rations in front line; Albert and meeting a civilian girl; wounded at Bullec...