We can help you track down information about relatives who served in any of the conflicts in which Australia has been involved since the 1860s.
- Behind-the-scenes tour: Commemorating Stella Bowen's Bomber Crew 2:30pm Mon 27 Apr
- Sapper Thomas Woods 4:55pm Mon 27 Apr
- Voices from the front 1:00pm Tue 28 Apr
- Private William Henry Onley 4:55pm Tue 28 Apr
- Curator guided tours of Ben Quilty: After Afghanistan & Alex Seton: As of today... 11:45am Wed 29 Apr
10am – 5pm daily
Closed Christmas Day
Admission to the Memorial is free
New permanent exhibition in the First World War Galleries.
On display in the special exhibitions gallery until 17 June 2015.
Discover the extraordinary efforts of Australians in Afghanistan through the words of our veterans and their families.
Get up close to the Memorial's collection with Google Cultural Institute. Look inside G for George and a Centurion tank, see iconic art works up close and watch behind the scenes videos.
During the Centenary period, the name of each of the 62,000 Australians who gave their lives during the First World War will be projected onto the façade of the Hall of Memory at the Australian War Memorial. The names will be displayed from sunset to sunrise every night, and can be seen from the Memorial's grounds. Each name will be visible for 30 seconds.