- The operators by Chris Masters. The Australia's Special Forces have many remarkable individuals.
- The Kaiapit Capture by Lachlan Grant. Australian commandos in New Guinea in 1943.
- The tip of the spear by Leigh Neville. The role of Special Forces in the war on terror.
- From the shadows by Karl James. The Memorial's new exhibition offers an unprecedented look at the history, capabilities and deployments of Australia's Special Forces.
- The Australian Folboat by Chris Goddard. Collapsible kayaks played a key role in highly secret operations.
- With the Partisans by Peter Monteath. Two Australian former prisoners fought with the Partisans in northern Italy and for British Special Operations Executive.
- With the Dayaks in Borneo by Robyn Van Dyk. Air-dropped into enemy-held territory, a small Allied force prepared the way for the final assault.
- Aussies in the Arctic by David Sutton. An RAAF squadron played a small role in the delicate diplomacy in the Second World War.
- Troopers, not trackers by Peter Bakker and Thomas Rogers. There is not proof that Indigenous men went to the Boer War as trackers.
- Plus regular features including Reflections, Mail Call and Book Reviews.
Magazine, illustrated throughout, 72 pages.
Wartime is the military history magazine of the Australian War Memorial and a must-have for anyone with an interest in history.
Published quarterly, the magazine is devoted to the Australian experience of war; military history; and the effects of war on society. All features are written by eminent historians and deal fully and frankly with both the distressing and the lighter sides of war.
Each issue delivers many stories of courage and survival of both service personnel and civilians, illustrated throughout by incredible images from the Memorial archives.
Subscribe now and save up to 22%
- Wartime subscription 1 year / 4 issues - Australia ($36) BUY NOW
- Wartime subscription 2 years / 8 issues - Australia ($64) BUY NOW
- Wartime subscription 1 year / 4 issues - New Zealand ($60) BUY NOW
- Wartime subscription 2 years/ 8 issues - New Zealand ($104) BUY NOW
- Wartime subscription 1 year / 4 issues - rest of the world ($68) BUY NOW
- Wartime subscription 2 years / 8 issues - rest of the world ($128) BUY NOW
Individual issues are available to purchase here
To enquire about your subscription please contact Magshop on 136 116
Editorial enquiries can be made via:
Phone: (02) 6243 4211
General information & submission guidelines