See below for help & information or start searching the Collection.
Images, film and sound
The Australian War Memorial is home to a unique collection of photographs, art works, film footage and sound recordings from Australia’s military history. Whether you are walking through the galleries or searching our collection online, many of these images and recordings are available for personal or commercial use.
Here are some of the ways people use the Memorial’s collection –
- Photographic prints for the home
- Framed prints as gifts
- Prints for corporate (office) use, and for special exhibitions
- Digital images for use in books, from family histories and self-published books to commercial publications
- Images, film and sound for use in exhibitions, TV documentaries and motion pictures
Our standard photographic prints use digital technology and highest-quality paper for bright, sharp images. We also produce fine-art prints on cotton silver rag or canvas, with options for framing. These prints are ideal for the home or office, and for exhibition use.
We can also supply high resolution digital (TIFF) images, ideal for commercial use including publications and TV broadcast. Archival film footage and sound recordings are also available for personal, exhibition and commercial use.
Produced by the Memorial’s own multimedia unit, every reproduction – image, film and sound – is supplied to the highest standard. When you purchase a collection reproduction, you are contributing to the preservation, housing and availability of the collection.
See our full range of formats and prices.
How to order image, film and sound items
- Search the Collection.
- For personal orders: click on the ‘order a copy’ button to add an item to your order (if the order a copy button does not appear please contact the eSales unit).
- For commercial orders: If you are ordering a collection item for commercial use or any kind of public display you may need to pay a user fee. This will vary depending on what you are doing with the item. You will be given options to choose from in the ordering process.
- Select the format and size you require. Format and size affect the price.
- Complete your billing and delivery details.
- Provide us with any special instructions you may have for example name of the publication or exhibition and any other important delivery or timing information.
- Read and agree to our Terms and Conditions.
- Review your order
- Select a payment method.
Alternatively download an order form and submit to the eSales Unit for processing:
Items will not commence production until payment received.
Please allow at least 3 weeks for the processing of your collection order. This is because it takes time to retrieve and process archival material. Turnaround time is in addition to postage delivery time.
Please note during busy periods your orders may take longer to process, every effort is made to meet the turnaround times and your patience is appreciated.
Urgent orders are subject to an additional rush fee. If you require reproductions urgently please contact the eSales Unit before placing your order.
If an image is Australian War Memorial copyright, Australian War Memorial licensed copyright, Unlicensed copyright or Copyright unknown please contact the eSales Unit before placing your order.