Filters (4 applied)Clear All
- related units : Australian Imperial Force (remove)
- battle honours : Pozières (remove)
- Conflict : First World War, 1914-1918 (remove)
- related places : Ypres (remove)
commanding officer (12)
- Bateman, William Joseph (1)
- Bennett, Alfred Joshua (1)
- Brazenor, William (1)
- Dobbin, Leonard (1)
- Fethers, Wilfred Kent (1)
- Heane, James 'Cast Iron Jimmy' (1)
- James, William Edward (1)
- Knox, George Hodges (1)
- Morton, George Frederick (1)
- Rowland, William Joseph (1)
- Stacy, Bertie Vandeleur (1)
- Watson, William Walker Russell (1)
UnitThe 23rd Battalion was raised in Victoria in March 1915 as the third battalion of the 6th Brigade. After initial training, it left Australia in March and arrived in Egypt, where it would complete its ...
UnitThe 1st Battalion was the first infantry unit recruited for the AIF in New South Wales during the First World War. The battalion was raised within a fortnight of the declaration of war in August 19...
UnitThe 24th Battalion was raised in a hurry. The original intent was to raise the fourth battalion of the 6th Brigade from the "outer states", but a surplus of recruits at Broadmeadows Camp in Victoria l...