Chateau at Ham-sur-Heure (Prince of Wales's visit)
|Title||Chateau at Ham-sur-Heure (Prince of Wales's visit)|
|Artist||Fullwood, A Henry|
|Medium||watercolour and gouache with pencil and charcoal on paper on board|
|Measurement||overall: 37.2 x 54 cm (irreg.); image: 35 x 50.8 cm|
Depicts the visit of the Prince of Wales to the chateau at Ham-sur-Heure during the Christmas and New Year of 1918-19. The chateau was used as the headquarters for the Australian Imperial Force Corps in the liberated areas after the Armistice. Two horsemen are riding past sentries at the gate of the chateau, one is HRH Prince Edward, Prince of Wales (later King Edward VIII) (probably the man returning guard's salute), and the other is probably Major General (later Lieutenant General) Sir Joseph J Talbot Hobbs, KCB, KCMG, VD, commanding Australian Field Artillery, 5th Australian Division (later Aust Corps). The Prince was Major General Hobbs guest and while at the chateau, visited the different Australian Divisions and distributed medals and decorations to the Australian soldiers.