|Title||Le Chateau Blanc, Headquarters of the 4th Division|
|Measurement||backing sheet: 45.5 x 28.8 cm; image: 17.9 x 25.6 cm|
|Date made||July 1916|
|Copyright||AWM Licensed copyright|
Le Chateau Blanc, Headquarters of the 4th Division
Watercolour on artist's paper attached to scrapbook leaf, depicting a large white house in Sailly-sur-la-Lys, Northern France, that was used during the war as the 4th Division Headquarters. Benson has pictured the house surrounded by trees and dense foliage in the foreground, which is in stark contrast to the whiteness of the house.