|Object type||Black & white - Print silver gelatin|
|Place made||Ottoman Empire: Palestine, Shellal|
|Date made||c 1917|
First World War, 1914-1918
Item copyright: Copyright expired - public domain
This item is in the Public Domain
A close up of a portion of the Shellal mosaic. The remains of a sixth century Byzantine church ...
A close up of a portion of the Shellal mosaic. The remains of a sixth century Byzantine church floor that was discovered by soldiers of the 2nd Light Horse Brigade near Shellal at an abandoned Turkish machine gun position. What remains of this mosaic was removed and is now on display at the Australian War Memorial.