|Collection number||Sheet Music Collection 437|
|Collection type||Published Collection|
|Measurement||Overall - closed: 34 cm x 26 cm|
|Object type||Sheet Music|
|Place made||Australia: Victoria, Melbourne|
First World War, 1914-1918
|Copying Provisions||Copying permitted subject to physical condition|
[Sheet music] Australian Y.M.C.A. songs, Vol. 1.
Album of sheet music titled 'Australian Y.M.C.A songs Vol I', published about 1915. The album contains a collection of individual sheet music pieces for 20 popular songs issued by various London publishers bound into a single volume. The sheet music is written for voice and piano. The titles include:
- 'A perfect day'
- 'Come sing to me'
- 'For auld lang syne, Australia will be there'
- 'Here we are, here we are, here we are again: The British Army's battle song'
- If you were the only girl in the world'
- 'I'll sing thee songs of Araby'
- 'Just try to picture me back home in Tennessee'
- 'Keep the home fires burning'
- 'Little grey home in the west'
- 'Mother Machree'
- 'My old Shako'
- 'The mountains o'Mourne'
- 'There's a long, long trail'
- 'The veteran's song: Long live the King'
- 'Two eyes of grey'
- 'Up from Somerset'
- 'When Irish eyes are smiling'
- 'When you come home'
- 'Where my caravan has rested'