|Unit||No. 460 Squadron|
Molesworth airfield, in Huntingdonshire in eastern England, was opened on 15 May 1941. Between November 1941 and February 1942 the airfield was home to several Royal Air Force Bomber Command squadrons, before it was taken over by the United States 8th Air Force. The Americans departed in mid-1945 and Molesworth was then used by Canadian fighter squadrons. It remained an operational airfield for a short period after the war and closed in 1946. In 1951 the airfield was reopened for use by the United States Air Force and closed again in 1958. Although occupied by several British Ministry of Defence establishments, the site remained underutilised for the next 27 years; the runways were removed in 1980. In 1985 the site was redeveloped as a United States cruise missile base that remained in operation until 1989. The current occupant of the Molesworth site is the United States European Command Joint Analysis Centre, which was opened in 1991.