|Unit||No. 460 Squadron|
Breighton airfield, in Yorkshire in England's north east, was opened in January 1942. Built specifically for use by Bomber Command, it had three paved runways and was designed to host a single squadron. 460 Squadron, RAAF operated from Breighton between March 1942 and May 1943, and was replaced by 78 Squadron RAF, which remained there until September 1945. The airfield was abandoned in 1946.