Preparations for Remembrance Day 2013 - Walkthrough
Published: Tue 22 Oct 2013
Remembrance Day this year is not only the 95th anniversary of the armistice on 11 November which ended the First World War, but also the 20th anniversary of the interment of the Unknown Australian Soldier in the Australian War Memorial’s Hall of Memory.
To mark the significant occasion, this year’s Remembrance Day will include The Hon. Paul Keating MP unveiling a bronze plaque in the Hall of Memory of the poignant eulogy first read by him at the interment in 1993.
In preparation for the media coordination for Remembrance Day and the unveiling of the plaque, the Memorial will be conducting a walkthrough with Media this Wednesday 23 October.
Due to space limitations in the Hall of Memory corridor where the plaque will be unveiled, it is recommended that television broadcast consider pooling to capture this moment.
What: Remembrance Day and plaque unveiling walkthrough
Who: Marylou Pooley, Head Communications and Marketing
Moj Nozhat, Media Liaison Officer
Alissa Gabriel, Acting Manager Events and Ceremonies
When: Wednesday 23 October, 10.00 am
Where: Australian War Memorial, Commemorative Area. Parking is available on Anzac Hall Apron.
Please note the following enhancements and changes on the event day:
- Commemorative Address at the National Remembrance Day Ceremony delivered by former Australian Prime Minister, The Hon. Paul Keating MP, who read the poignant eulogy of the Unknown Australian Soldier in 1993.
- Ben Roberts-Smith VC MG will read the eulogy in remembrance of the entombment at the Last Post ceremony (from 4.50 pm).
- Before the ceremony, Media are to go to the Media Tent (located near Simpson and his donkey) to collect media vests and go through the site induction. Access to the Media Pit and alternative locations will not be permitted without a vest.
- The Audio Tent has moved to the Eastern Lawn (previously located on the Western Lawn).
- There will be two audio splits; in the Audio Tent and at the Media Pit.
Moj Nozhat (02) 6243 4575 0409 600 038 firstname.lastname@example.org
Marylou Pooley (02) 6243 4383 0412 646 298 email@example.com
Attachment Size Remembrance Day 2013 Media Alert 1.pdf 112.79 KB