Filters (4 applied)Clear All
- related units : Australian Imperial Force (remove)
- battle honours : Hindenburg Line (remove)
- related places : Ypres (remove)
- Conflict : First World War, 1914-1918 (remove)
commanding officer (20)
- White, Harold Fletcher (2)
- Bateman, William Joseph (1)
- Bennett, Alfred Joshua (1)
- Brazenor, William (1)
- Dobbin, Leonard (1)
- Fethers, Wilfred Kent (1)
- Goddard, Henry Arthur (1)
- Grant, Francis George (1)
- Heane, James 'Cast Iron Jimmy' (1)
- Holborow, Grantley Andrew Hillier (1)
- James, William Edward (1)
- Knox, George Hodges (1)
- Lamb, Malcolm St John (1)
- Martin, Ernest Edward (1)
- Morshead, Leslie James (1)
- Morton, George Frederick (1)
- Rowland, William Joseph (1)
- Stacy, Bertie Vandeleur (1)
- Watson, William Walker Russell (1)
- Woolcock, Arthur Raff (1)
UnitThe 23rd Battalion was raised in Victoria in March 1915 as the third battalion of the 6th Brigade. After initial training, it left Australia in March and arrived in Egypt, where it would complete its ...
UnitThe 33rd Battalion was formed in January 1916 at a camp established at the Armidale showground in New South Wales. The bulk of the battalion's recruits were drawn from the New England region and thus ...
UnitThe 1st Battalion was the first infantry unit recruited for the AIF in New South Wales during the First World War. The battalion was raised within a fortnight of the declaration of war in August 19...
UnitThe 35th Battalion was formed in December 1915 in Newcastle, New South Wales. The bulk of the battalion's recruits were drawn from the Newcastle region and thus it was dubbed "Newcastle's Own". Reflec...
UnitThe 24th Battalion was raised in a hurry. The original intent was to raise the fourth battalion of the 6th Brigade from the "outer states", but a surplus of recruits at Broadmeadows Camp in Victoria l...
UnitThe 34th Battalion was formed in January 1916 at a camp established at the Maitland showground in New South Wales. It was planned that the bulk of the battalion's recruits would be drawn from the Mait...