|Measurement||Overall: 20.6 x 7.1 x 4.3 cm|
|Physical description||bronze, green patina|
Meridian Sculpture Founders
|Place made||Australia: Victoria, Melbourne|
Second World War, 1939-1945
Item copyright: Unlicensed copyright
This statuette is the first in a series of a possible edition of 100, which were to be cast for sale through the Australian War Memorial shop. The maquette was originally made to assist in raising funds for the relocation of the 'Australian serviceman' from the Hall of Memory to the grounds of the Memorial, showing Ewers' new design for the plinth. There was a scheme to sell multiples of these statuettes to the general public through the shop, as a similar scheme operated quite successfully in the late 1940's and early 1950's with other small Ewers statuettes.