|Collection type||Private Record|
|Measurement||Extent: 2.5cm; Wallet/s: 1|
|Object type||Book, Document, Souvenir, Notebook, Photograph|
Askham, Albert Charles
|Place made||At sea, Australia, France, United Kingdom|
|Related File This file can be copied or viewed via the Memorial’s Reading Room.||AWM315 419/004/026|
First World War, 1914-1918
Item copyright: Copyright expired - public domain
This item is in the Public Domain
|Copying Provisions||Copying is permitted for the purposes of research and study, subject to physical condition|
Askham, Albert Charles (Lieutenant, b.1881 - d.1964)
Collection relating to the First World War service of Lieutenant Albert Charles Askham, 53rd and 54th Infantry Battalion, Australia, United Kingdom, and France, 1916-1919.
Collection consists of:
- 1 x unused ration book dated 9 March 1919
- 1 x London hotel card dated 10 March 1919
- 1 x liquor pass dated 26 October 1916
- 1 x receipt for the sale of educational books whole onboard HMAT Denison
- 2 x combined leave and railway ticket dated 20 December 1917 to 3 January 1918 and 24 February 1919 to 'completion of duty'
- 1 x 'rough sketch of shelter to accommodate 5 men'
- 1 x photograph of ten men aboard HMAT Ceramic with a typed page titled 'Photo of the Faithful', indicating those who are in the photograph
- 3 x field message books, two with tan-coloured covered, one with a green felt cover, dated 1917 and 1918 containing general field notes relating to casualties, patrol reports, intelligence, unit deaths, unit movements (including occasional hand-drawn maps), and discipline matters.