|Collection type||Private Record|
McInnis, Ronald Alison
|Place made||At sea, Australia, Belgium, Egypt, France, Ottoman Empire: Turkey, Dardanelles, Gallipoli, United Kingdom: England|
|Related File This file can be copied or viewed via the Memorial’s Reading Room.||AWM315 419/048/058|
Second World War, 1939-1945
First World War, 1914-1918
|Copying Provisions||Copying is permitted for the purposes of research and study, subject to physical condition|
McInnis, Ronald Alison (Lieutenant, b.1890 - d.1982)
Collection relating to the First World War service of Lieutenant Ronald Alison McInnis, 5 Field Company and 8 Field Company, RAE and later 53 Battalion AIF.
Collection consists of:
1. Field message book, Gallipoli, including nominal rolls for tunneling activities; sketches of dug-outs; survey of tunnels and trenches, Quinns Post reports on mining progress and a list of tradesmen, 18 Battalion. October - December 1915.
2. Field message book, France, including survey of trenches at Bois-Grenier; survey of water pipe line; nominal rolls of sections, 53 Battalion; equipment supply lists; billeting details for 14 Brigade, Patrol report; and messages. September 1916 - July 1917.
3. Field message book, France, including nominal rolls of sections; boat station lists; lecture notes, 4th Army School, Flexicourt; copies of messages; and notes on H G Wells, "Mankind in the Making". December 1916 - November 1917.
4. Notebook, containing syllabus for fortnightly training camps; and notes for lectures. October 1917.
5. Summary of events including Mr McInnis' work as Deputy Director of Camouflage,South Queensland Area. May 1941 - April 1943.
6. Seven letters relating to the release of Mr McInnis from his duties as Deputy Director of Camouflage,and his return to his duties as City Planner, Brisbane City Council. August - September 1943.
7. Forty eight cartoons and sketches of incidents and personalities involved with the Camouflage Unit. Some are signed McColl. January - September 1942.
8. Small loose-leaf binder containing the names and brief personal details of American service personnel at 172nd Station Hospital, Indooroopilly, Queensland. There is a later entry for March 1952. October 19542 - January 1944.
9. Greeting card from the Victorian Camoufleurs. Not dated.
10. "The Christian Way", by Vernon Staley, presented to Lt McInnis by Bishop Gwynn on his confirmation at Fleurbaix, France. September 1916.
Related records of Lieutenant McInnis are held at 1DRL/0438, PR00917 and G7432.G1 S65 x11.8e.