Filters (2 applied)Clear All
has sound (1)
has video (1)
related subjects (63)
- Hospitals (21)
- Sketches and drawings (12)
- Cartoons and caricatures (10)
- Medical services (10)
- Horses (8)
- Nurses (7)
- Dressing stations (5)
- Field ambulances (5)
- Tents (5)
- War damage (5)
- Ambulances (4)
- Casualty services (4)
- Tobacco products (4)
- Wounded (4)
- Casualties (3)
- Casualty clearing stations (3)
- Core collection (Art) (3)
- Churches (2)
- Desert operations (2)
- Hospital blues (2)
- Rest and relaxation (2)
- Venereal disease (2)
- Wagons (2)
- Aircraft (1)
- Airships (1)
- Ambulance services (1)
- Balloons (1)
- Beds and bedding (1)
- British (1)
- Camouflage and concealment (1)
- Casualty movement (1)
- Civilian buildings (1)
- Classes of persons (1)
- Convalescent care facilities (1)
- Crutches (1)
- Disinfection and decontamination (1)
- Donkeys (1)
- Frying pans (1)
- Gas warfare (1)
- Greatcoats (1)
- Hygiene and sanitation (1)
- Kangaroos (1)
- Laundry (1)
- Musical instruments (1)
- Newspapers (1)
- Patients (1)
- Personal hygiene (1)
- Plastic surgery (1)
- Prostitution (1)
- Pyjamas (1)
- Reading (1)
- Recruiting (1)
- Rehabilitation services (1)
- Slang (1)
- Smoking (1)
- Soldiers (1)
- Stretcher bearers (1)
- Surgery (1)
- Terrain models (1)
- Trees (1)
- Vehicles (1)
- Vermin control (1)
- Women (1)
related places (28)
- Europe: France (23)
- Europe: Belgium (3)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Abbeville (3)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Albert Bapaume Area, Bapaume (3)
- Europe: Western Front (3)
- Middle East: Ottoman Empire, Turkey, Dardanelles, Gallipoli (3)
- Africa: Egypt (2)
- Europe: Belgium, Flanders, West-Vlaanderen, Ypres (2)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme (2)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Amiens Harbonnieres Area, Bayonvillers (2)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Corbie Albert Area (2)
- Europe: United Kingdom (2)
- Europe: Belgium, Flanders, West-Vlaanderen, Messines (1)
- Europe: Belgium, Flanders, West-Vlaanderen, Passchendaele (1)
- Europe: Belgium, Wallonie, Ferrieres (1)
- Europe: France, Nord Pas de Calais, Nord (1)
- Europe: France, Nord Pas de Calais, Nord, Lille (1)
- Europe: France, Nord Pas de Calais, Pas de Calais (1)
- Europe: France, Nord Pas de Calais, Pas de Calais, Etaples (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Amiens Harbonnieres Area (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Amiens Harbonnieres Area, Hamel Area, Hamel (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Amiens Harbonnieres Area, Harbonnieres (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Bray Proyart Area (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Bray Proyart Area, Bray-sur-Somme (1)
- Europe: France, Picardie, Somme, Corbie Albert Area, Corbie (1)
- Europe: Germany (1)
- Europe: United Kingdom, England, Greater London, London (1)
- North & Central America: United States of America (1)
- Vasco, Louis (10)
- Streeton, Arthur (4)
- McCubbin, Louis Frederick (3)
- Anderson, Wallace (1)
- Bell, George (1)
- Berger-Levrault (1)
- Blaiberg, Gladys (1)
- Corlett, Peter (1)
- Dangerfield Printing Co Ltd (1)
- Dix, Otto (1)
- Fullwood, A Henry (1)
- Fullwood, A. Henry (1)
- Leist, Fred (1)
- Modelling Sub-section, Exhibition Buildings, Melbourne (1)
- Rae, Iso (1)
- Royal Air Force (1)
- Social Hygiene Division (1)
- Steinlen, Theophile Alexandre (1)
- Unknown (1)
- Victoria College Foundry (1)
- Woolley, Harry (1)
- [PARIS : S.N.], 1916 (PARIS : BERGER - LEVRAULT) (1)
Maker: Streeton, ArthurDepicts tents at the 3rd Australian General Hospital with impressionist figures of soldiers and nurses in front of the tents. In the foreground is a roadway and median strip with flowers. Streeton pai...
Maker: Streeton, ArthurDepicts the advanced dressing station at Middle Harbour, with a wall protected by sandbags and hessian camouflage screening above, set into slope of hill. Arthur Streeton is best known as one of the ...
Maker: Blaiberg, GladysPaper sculpture of a convalescing soldier, with crutches and a broken leg, seated on a park bench with an elderly English civilian dressed in top hat and tails, with his walking stick alongside him. T...
ArtDepicts an officer seated at a table, his chin resting on his folded hands. Behind him is room full of wounded soldiers, some lying down, others seated and resting. Dyson noted that this work depicted...
Maker: Vasco, LouisVarious Ragtime sketches of soldiers, most smoking cigarettes or pipes. Done as part of a series of sketches entitled 'Ragtime sketches round the 47th General Hospital, France.' This drawing is attri...
Maker: McCubbin, Louis FrederickWatercolour sketch depicting the Red Cross Station at Bray-sur-Somme on the Western Front. The station is in the mid ground of the image with the town and landscape of Bray-sur-Somme around it. Louis ...
Maker: Fullwood, A. HenryThis drawing is one of two works that A Henry Fullwood submitted for the State Library of Victoria mural competition held in 1922. The mural design was one of 13 entrants by artists including Hilda Ri...
ArtDepicts wounded soldiers being carried on stretchers through the dressing station at Bayonvillers. On either side of the path are tents.
ArtDepicts wounded soldiers being placed and carried on stretchers and placed in field ambulances at a casualty clearing station near a Aubigny in the Corbie Albert area of the Somme.
Maker: Anderson, Wallace McCubbin, Louis Frederick Modelling Sub-section, Exhibition Buildings, MelbourneSixth in the series of nine dioramas depicting the scheme of evacuation practised at the Battle of Messines in France.
ArtDepicts soldiers sitting around two tents in a landscape, with a summer evening sky above.The soldiers are members of the 3rd Field Ambulance at Bapaume. Will Dyson was the first Australian official w...
Maker: Leist, FredCharcoal and watercolour sketch depicting the preventative health services delousing fumigator (Hitchi-Koo machine). Two soldiers are loading the bank of three autoclave ovens with discarded clothing ...
Maker: Streeton, ArthurThe recto contains house plan sketch and various numerical sums. On the verso is a sketch of Ambulance trucks parked on a road at Abbeville most probably outside the 3rd Australian General Hospital. ...
Maker: Vasco, LouisVarious Ragtime sketches of soldiers, one stands smoking a pipe and holding a frying pan with the words "How will that do Sister" inscribed beneath. Another soldier smokes, two sit and read, and one s...
Main Corbie, Amiens Road: main dressing station of 11th Field Ambulance: heavy shelling at Hamel and Lille at rear of Corbie
Maker: McCubbin, Louis FrederickDepicts the main dressing station of the 11th Field Ambulance situated on the main Corbie and Amiens road. In the background at the rear of Corbie, heavy shelling can be seen at Hamel and Lille. Louis...
Maker: Corlett, Peter Victoria College FoundryIn 1987 sculptor Peter Corlett won a competition to design a memorial to commemorate the courage and sacrifice of Private John Simpson Kirkpatrick, a 3rd Field Ambulance stretcher-bearer who became th...
Maker: Vasco, LouisVarious Ragtime sketches of civilians and soldiers. One man dominates the sketch, he stands wearing a cap and apron with his hands on his hips and a smile. Various others are walking, standing in grou...
Maker: Fullwood, A HenryThis drawing is one of two works that A Henry Fullwood submitted for the State Library of Victoria mural competition held in 1922. The mural design was one of 13 entrants by artists including Hilda Ri...
Maker: Vasco, LouisVarious sketches of soldiers and nurses. Two sketches of the soldiers are full length, and one is labelled 'Our Night Orderly'. He smiles and stands casually, and a second sketch of his face in profil...
Maker: Vasco, LouisVarious ragtime sketches of nurses and soldiers in both uniform and pyjamas. Most are faceless, and the hips are exaggerated on the uniformed soldiers. Done as part of a series called the 'Ragtime ske...