Filters (3 applied)Clear All
has image (1)
has sound (1)
related units (69)
- 5 Australian Division (3)
- British Army (3)
- Citizen Military Forces (3)
- French Army (3)
- Italian Army (3)
- United States Army (3)
- 2nd Australian Imperial Force (2)
- 9 Australian Division (2)
- Australian New Guinea Administrative Unit (2)
- HMAS Sydney (1935-1941) (2)
- Royal New Zealand Air Force (2)
- Turkish Army (2)
- 103 Convalescent Depot (1)
- 11th Australian Infantry Brigade (1)
- 11th Australian Light Horse Regiment (1)
- 17 Brigade (1)
- 18 Light Horse Machine Gun Regiment (1)
- 1st Armoured Regiment (1)
- 2 Division (1)
- 2/1 Australian General Hospital (1)
- 2/10th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 2/4th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 2/5th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 2/5th Independent Company (1)
- 23 Squadron RAAF (1)
- 25th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 3rd Australian Light Horse Brigade (1)
- 46th Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 5th Australian Light Horse Regiment (1)
- 62nd Australian Infantry Battalion (1)
- 7 Australian Division (1)
- 86 Squadron RAAF (1)
- 8th Australian Light Horse Regiment (1)
- Afrika Korps (1)
- Artillery (1)
- Australian Army (1)
- Australian Army Veterinary Corps (1)
- Australian Flying Corps (1)
- Austrian Forces (1)
- Belgian Forces (1)
- British 8th Army (1)
- Department of Information (1)
- German Army (1)
- German submarines (1)
- HMAS Perth (1939-1942) (1)
- HMAS Vampire (1933-1942) (1)
- Imperial Camel Corps (1)
- Indian Army (1)
- Light horse units (1)
- Medical, Dental and Nursing (1)
- National Service training units (1)
- Netherlands East Indies Forces (1)
- New Guinea Volunteer Rifles (1)
- New Zealand Army (1)
- No. 5 Squadron (1)
- No. 77 Squadron (1)
- North Korean Forces (1)
- Pioneer battalions (1)
- Reconnaissance units (Cavalry) (1)
- Regimental aid posts (1)
- Republic of Korea Forces (1)
- Royal Australian Air Force (1)
- Salvation Army (1)
- Scottish Forces (1)
- Signals schools (1)
- Supplies and Transport (1)
- Timor Force (1)
- United States Air Force (1)
- United States Navy (1)
related places (12)
- Africa: Egypt, Alexandria (2)
- Africa: Egypt, Cairo (1)
- Africa: North Africa, Libya, Cyrenaica, Benghazi (1)
- Africa: North Africa, Libya, Cyrenaica, Cyrene (1)
- Africa: North Africa, Libya, Cyrenaica, Tobruk Area, Tobruk (1)
- Africa: North Africa, Libya, Tripolitana (1)
- Africa: North Africa, Western Desert, Western Desert (Egypt), El Alamein Area, El Alamein (1)
- Africa: North Africa, Western Desert, Western Desert (Egypt), Sidi Barrani (1)
- Europe: Czechoslovakia (1)
- Europe: Germany, Munich (1)
- Europe: Poland (1)
- Oceania: Australia, New South Wales, Port Stephens (1)
- Bagnall, Frank N (4)
- Anderson, Alan Frederick (3)
- Parer, Damien Peter (3)
- Unknown (3)
- Artransa Park Television Pty Ltd (2)
- Cinesound (2)
- HMAS Sydney Search Pty Ltd as Trustee for the Finding Sydney Foundation (2)
- Kinna, Darrell (2)
- Mearns, David (2)
- Army Film and Photographic Unit (1)
- Ash, Keith (1)
- Australian Broadcasting Commission (1)
- Baldwin, Herbert Frederick (1)
- Bombay Talkies Limited (1)
- Davey, Jack, (John Andrew) (1)
- Defence Public Relations (DPR) (1)
- Driver, Roy (1)
- Eastman, David Tennant Gaery (1)
- Fox Movietone News (1)
- Hazzard, Jack (1)
- Heath, George (1)
- Higgins, Bryce (1)
- Hurley, James Francis (Frank) (1)
- Joseph, Louis (1)
- Lee, Norman (1)
- Macdonald, David (1)
- Malins, Geoffrey (1)
- Military History Section (1)
- Movietone News (1)
- New Zealand National Film Unit (1)
- RAF Film Production Unit (1)
- Talyakahn, A F S (1)
- United States Army Signal Corps (1)
- Walloscheck, Mahuta Alfred (1)
- Wells, John Bryden (1)
- Wilkins, George Hubert (1)
Maker: Talyakahn, A F S Bombay Talkies LimitedIndian soldiers of a battalion of the 15th Punjab Regiment, activities, from Reveille, at physical training, eating, squad and rifle drill, arms drill, sport and play, through to retreat.
Maker: Bagnall, Frank NDamage caused by Japanese bombing raid on Darwin. Troops training, firing various weapons. Rifle, Lewis guns and Vickers machine guns, Browning .50 HB M2 machine gun.
Maker: Driver, RoyGeneral shots of 7th and 9th Australian Divisions training in Northern Queensland. Map reading, flame throwers, mortar crews, Bren and Owen gunners, infantry training supported by Matilda tanks, bridg...
Maker: United States Army Signal CorpsIntroduction reads: 'Official film of the Corps of Signals taken under action and service conditions in France. Especially released by the War Department to the Eastman Kodak Company for the 2nd Amer...
Maker: UnknownFrom Australian New Guinea Adminstrative Unit War Diaries and other records it is assumed that the film covers the general rehabilitation of Bougainvillean people as territory previously held by the J...
Maker: Fox Movietone NewsA propaganda short produced by Movietone News for the Department of Information on the events leading up to the outbreak of the 1939-1945 war and Australia's part in the early stages.
Maker: Parer, Damien PeterArmy and airforce personnel on troopship and disembarking at Port Moresby, New Guinea. Shot eighteen shows three American cameramen. Martin Barnett of Paramount News with the Arkeley 35mm cine camera...
Maker: Military History SectionAustralian soldiers in action, evacuation of front line wounded, transport of wounded, hospitalization, convalescence and rehabilitation. [Reels 1 and 2 have sound, 3 and 4 are silent.]
Maker: Anderson, Alan FrederickAustralian troops land unopposed from small landing craft on to a beach at Tol Plantation. Wire mesh ramps are assembled across sandy beach; mine detection; domestic shots showing troops settling in, ...
Maker: Baldwin, Herbert Frederick Malins, Geoffrey Wilkins, George HubertThe advance on Bapaume and Bullecourt after the Germans had retreated to the Hindenburg Line. Shows Australians participating during this action. The infantry advancing across no-man's land; the con...
Maker: Kinna, DarrellVought Corsairs of the RNZAF flying left to right. 25 Battalion, Lieutenant Colonel J. G. McKinna, observing strafing. Mount Bagana in background. 3 inch mortar unit in action firing from emplacment. ...
Maker: CinesoundCinesound newsreel circa 1950. Coverage of the Communist advance on Taegu. Shows fleeing civilians and South Korean troops. USAF spotter aircraft Cessnas and Texans. Pilots at Taegu. P-51 Mustangs arm...
Maker: Eastman, David Tennant Gaery"A" Company, 2/5th Australian Infantry Battalion attack on the Yamil area, several miles east of Maprik.
FilmBroadmeadows Camp, Victoria 1914. Enlistees march into camp. Uniforms, personal equipment and rifles are issued. Washing clothing. Setting up tents. Machine gunners set up Vickers guns. Gunners ...
Maker: Parer, Damien PeterGeneral shots taken of Australians in camp and training around camp area Gaza, Palestine. General Sir George Giffard GCB, DSO, GOC British Forces, Palestine inspects Australian camp.
Maker: Hazzard, JackThe first items shows No 23 Sqn RAAF Citizen Air Force activities featuring P-51 Mustangs. The second item deals with CMF exercises NSW during 1953 and is divided into three activities. Exercise fea...
Maker: Heath, George Higgins, BrycePromotional film on the Citizen Military Forces (CMF) produced by Cinesound Studios Melbourne and Sydney for the Australian Army. The CMF take part in a mock assault on an objective during training. S...
Maker: Artransa Park Television Pty LtdCommandos - Timor (Anzac TV series)
Maker: Macdonald, David Army Film and Photographic Unit RAF Film Production UnitThe 8th Army's push against and the driving back of Rommel through the desert. Winner of the Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature in 1943.
Maker: Parer, Damien PeterAustralian soldiers mounted on camels start for a desert outpost. Last three shots are of a machine gun crew training. Identified personnel are: Private W Mortimer and Private A F Dix.