|Object type||Black & white - Glass original half plate negative|
Unknown Australian Official Photographer
|Place made||France: Picardie, Aisne|
|Date made||October 1918|
First World War, 1914-1918
Item copyright: Copyright expired - public domain
This item is in the Public Domain
The Riqueval entrance to the St Quentin Canal Tunnel which ran for three and a half miles between ...
The Riqueval entrance to the St Quentin Canal Tunnel which ran for three and a half miles between Bellicourt and Vendhuille, and with the barges moored in it, was used by the enemy as a fortified barracks in the Main Hindenburg Defence Line. The position was captured by Australian and American troops on 29 September 1918.